We respect and is committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice explains how we collect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Please note that we shall have the right to modify, update or amend this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time and will notify you of any such amendment via our website or by email. By continuing to communicate with us or by continuing to use our services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Personal Data Protection Notice shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
(1) Personal information or data
Personal information or data means any information or data which relates to you and which was collected or provided to us for the purposes stated in Section 2 below. Your personal information or data may include your name, NRIC number, contact details, car registration number, credit card or payment details, financial and banking account details, CCTV/security recordings, location tracking/GPS information, any information about you which you have provided to us in relation to your reservation, stay or visit (such as your date of arrival and departure, room preferences and purpose of stay), information relating to your purchase and receipt of products or services, reviews, suggestions and opinions about our customer surveys and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by us from time to time.
We collect your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your legal representatives, agents (e.g. travel agents, on-line booking websites) and/or employer when you, your legal representatives, agents and/or employers send us completed enquiry, application and/or registration forms via various means, including over the telephone, online and/or physical hardcopies at public venues or in any of our premises. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website. We may also use closed circuit television (CCTV) and other security measures at its properties that may capture or record your image and information related to your location while you are at our premises via keycards and other technologies. We may also use other technologies that record sound or video to protect its guests, staff and property.
The provision of your personal information or data is mandatory when you make a reservation to stay with us and when you check into our hotel. If you do not provide us your personal information or data, we will not be able to process your registration or reservation, and will therefore result in you being unable to make a booking or stay with us.
(2) Purposes of collecting and further processing (including disclosing) your personal information
Your personal information is collected and further processed by us as required or permitted by law and to give effect to your requested commercial transaction, including the following:
- to process your requested services;
- to facilitate your participation in any contests or events;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to our services and/or events;
- to process your registration or reservation to stay with us ;
- to communicate with you regarding your reservation or stay with us;
- for purposes of billing and payments relating to your stay with us and/or for any goods and services you have purchased or requested;
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to provide you with a better and more personalized level of service;
- to provide for your safety and security as well as the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors;
- to process your credit account application;
- to assess your credit worthiness;
- for insurance purposes;
- to apply for relevant travel visas in the event of travel overseas;
- to operate our premises in a manner which is physically safe, secure and befitting of health and safety requirements;
- for internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- to conduct internal marketing analysis and analysis of customer patterns and choices;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of its business;
- to contact you regarding products, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which we may feel interest you;
- to ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for your and for your computer and/or device;
- for our internal records management, customer relations events and activities, and customer loyalty reward program.
Where you have indicated your consent to receiving marketing or promotional updates from us, you may opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional material at any time and you agree and consent to us using and processing your personal information or data in the manner as identified in this Personal Data Protection Notice. We may also use and process your personal information or data for other purposes such as to send you updates and news on the latest services, promotions and events which may be of interest to you, by way of post, short message service (SMS) and/or by email. You may select the “unsubscribe” option provided in our email blasts or you may contact us at the details provided in Section (6) below.
(3)Disclosure of personal information
Your personal information provided to us is or may be processed by our entities (in or outside of Malaysia) (including related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners). We will ensure that (i) access to your personal information is restricted to staff who are contractually required to process your personal information in accordance with their respective job requirements and (ii) only necessary information is released to the relevant employees.
Your personal information may be disclosed to relevant third parties (in or outside of Malaysia) as required under law, pursuant to relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes stated in Section 2 above (or directly related to those purposes). In the event of a potential, proposed or actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or re-organisation (“Transaction”), your personal information may be required to be disclosed or transferred to a third party as a result of the Transaction. You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and transfer may occur and permit us to release your personal information to the other party and its advisers/representatives.
Your personal information may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:
- Third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (such as auditors, lawyers, company secretary, consultants, contractors, professional advisors, service providers, printing companies, contractors, conference/training/event organiser, other advisers, travel agencies and insurance companies);
- Our business partners or affiliates who may jointly provide the service requested for (such as third party hotels or resorts or shopping mall tenants);
- Utility companies;
- Foreign embassies (including agencies appointed by foreign embassies to carry out their services) if we assists you in your visa application as part of your requested travel services;
- Law enforcement agencies, including the local police; and
- Relevant governmental authorities statutory authorities, local council and industry regulators.
Location enabled products or applications transmit your location information to us. We do not use the information sent or provided other than to provide the service you request. Location enable features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time or uninstall them. Some mobile applications will utilize Google Analytics (or similar tool) to help us better serve you through improved products, services, and revisions to the mobile applications. This collected information will not identify you to us. It may, however, let us know anonymously, which services and features you are using the most within the application, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download.
(i) the date and time you accessed each page on our web site;
(ii) the URL of any webpage from which you accessed our site (the referrer); and
(iii) the web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed.
Some web pages may require you to provide a limited amount of personal information in order to enjoy certain services on our websites (system login credentials, email address and contact, etc). These personal information will only be used for its intended purposes only, i.e. to respond to your message or deliver the requested services.
(5) Right to access and correct personal information
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by us (subject always to certain exemptions). We will make every endeavour to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date therefore we ask that if there are changes to your information you should notify us directly. If you would like to access or correct your personal information, kindly contact us at the contact details in Item 6 below.
(6) Limiting the processing of personal information, further enquiries and complaints
(i) you would like to obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal information;
(ii) you have any further query; or
(iii) you would like to make a complaint in respect of your personal information, you may contact :-
Naluri Properties Sdn Bhd
(The ZON All Suites Residences on the park)
No. 161B Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Office Hours : 9.00am to 5.00pm
Tel : 03-21648000
Fax : 03-21641000
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.zonhotel.com.my
In the event of any conflict between this English language Personal Data Protection Notice and its corresponding Bahasa Malaysia Personal Data Protection Notice, the terms in this English language Notice shall prevail.
Updated on February 2014